Thursday, 11 April 2013

An Afterword

Brown Rabbit and her Lucky Star
It goes almost without saying, that in the most part, readers of yesterday's story The Lucky Star, would recognise Brown Rabbit and the lost star, to be Jennie and Matilda Mae.

And the wood was, of course, twitter. When grey rabbit first came upon the circle of friends, she noticed those doing everything in their power to help. Susanne Remic - Jennie, Tilda, and Lullaby Trust champion supporter - was my inspiration here.

And grey rabbit? Well that was me. For I certainly struggled when I first heard Jennie's tale. I fell to pieces. I couldn't understand the devastating impact that anothers life - overnight - had upon my own. And for my
own well-being, I did consider walking away.

But thankfully, as in the story, I chose the better path. And if you have supported Jennie, Susanne or the Lullaby Trust in any way, then I feel it worthwhile pointing out that you are Grey Rabbit too.

Edspire and The Lullaby TrustAs Jennie knows only too well, we can never bring Matilda back. But we can help each other. We can show compassion and we can show love. We can embrace a bright new future and hope that with our help and support - other families may never require the services of the Lullaby Trust.

Thank you x

11 comments:

  1. Lovely Helen, your story will stay with me for a long, long time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post but why did you feel the need to explain ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, I'm glad I chose the right path too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. No explanation necessary. You nailed it, with a poignant story indeed. Lovely.
    Cheers, ic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful story that will stay with me forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story was so well written and appropriate to the cause, I understood it completely without explanation. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so so proud to call you my friend and I am so so glad that you did not walk away. I love the story so much and I miss my star with all my heart. Thank you for helping me cope with the pain of not be able to hold her again x And thank you for everything you have done and are doing for The Lullaby Trust x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennie - that really does mean the world. I hope in the future we can help the trust even more xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely post, and I nearly, admittedly, turned away myself when I read of Matilda Mae - it was so devastating - how on earth could I offer support as I am a complete stranger to Jennie?But I didn't - I like to think I hung out with the other greys too offered what I could.... X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for admitting you felt like that too, I'm sure many people did. So very pleased the rabbits didn't turn a blind eye! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting - it really does make my day x